Marine Concept take their impact on and responsibilities to the built and natural environment very seriously. As a manufacturing organisation we also recognise that our impact will be greater than some and consequently employ systems and procedures that ensure compliance obligations are met relating to the environment. We too want our children to be able to grow up in a world where the air is clean, the supply of water is plentiful and the extinction of various animal species and fish is consigned to the history of mankind.
In order that we take a responsible approach to our small part of these very large global issues, we secure where possible:
- Fully sustainable materials sourced through traceable routes of origin and ethical manufacture.
- We monitor the market place regularly to maintain this philosophy.
- The dry waste that we generate is always kept to the bare minimum and where possible recycled for use in house on future projects.
- Any waste that has to be removed from the Marine Concept facility is done ethically through a licensed waste management organisation.
- Our wet products are sent for recycling again through a fully documented route by an organisation licensed to carry out this practice.
- Provide employee training to enhance environmental awareness of our employees; this ensures environmental issues are considered when managing our premises and planning, implementing and undertaking all projects.
- Promote a sustainable approach to business, in partnership with our clients and other stakeholders by conserving energy, minimising consumption, preferring low pollution materials, maximising efficiency and implementing the Waste Management Hierarchy.
- Ensure that we integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.